- 1. Contact Ropot Support
- 2. Shipping and Delivery
- 3. Returns and Replacements
- 4. Limited Warranty
- 5. Troubleshooting Guide
SimLife Inc. Company
228-30 Colonnade Road, Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2E 7J6
We normally ship orders on Monday, Wednesday and Friday excluding Canadian Holidays.
Most of our shipments go out by UPS. We do NOT offer express shipping for any reason. Please allow 4 to 10 working days for delivery depending on the distance from your location to our shipping facility located in Ottawa, Ontario. You will receive a tracking number by email once your order has been processed.
Our carriers can NOT deliver to P.O. Boxes, so please provide a physical street address for delivery.
Small items like silicon seals, steam racks and paddles may be sent by regular post. In this case no tracking number will be available. Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.
We cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Internationally.
Shipping Policies – Problems and Exceptions
Any shipment requiring an address change in-transit will be charged to the customer. In addition, please know that most often in-transit address changes will not take effect and the buyer will be responsible for the shipping both ways.
If the item is returned to us by the shipper for any reason other than a mistake we may have made, the buyer will be responsible for shipping BOTH ways. Please double make sure that you are providing the correct address.
If a shipment is declared “missing” or “stolen” by the shipping company, it shall be the responsibility of the buyer to file an “item not received” claim with PayPal under their PayPal Purchase Protection.
Multiple Item Orders
If at all possible we will always try to ship multiple item orders in one shipment with one tracking number; however orders for multiple cookers will normally be issued separate tracking numbers and may come at different times and/or dates.
Cancellation of Orders
Please note that we cannot guarantee the cancellation of your order. When a customer wishes to cancel an order they are required to contact us immediately at 1-613-880-8358 This is to ensure that we can forward your request immediately to our facility for cancellation of your order before it is processed. If the customer contacts us before the order has been processed, then the order can be cancelled and the customer may not incur any charges.
Please be Aware
If the item has already left our warehouse and has been handed over to the carrier for shipping we would not be able to process your request for cancellation and the item will be shipped to its destination.
Once received or refused at the destination, the customer will then be charged a 20% cancellation fee. This is to cover expenses incurred in packaging and shipping the item to the customer and inspecting the item when it returns. In addition, return shipping costs will be borne by the customer.
To report any problems with your shipment
Please call our support line 1-613-880-8358
Or send an email with as many details as possible to email@example.com
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. If you need to return an item, please make a note of our “no hassle” 30-day return policy:
• If the item was damaged during shipment, we’ll replace the damaged part.
• If the item arrived defective, you’ll be covered under our warranty policy.
• If we shipped the wrong item, we’ll take it back and reship the correct item.
• If you decide you no longer want the item or purchased the item by mistake, we’ll take it back and issue a full refund, minus $30 + Tax for handling/restocking fee. The product must have never been opened and shipped back to us with all original packaging and accessories. It is also the responsibility of the buyer to pay for the return shipping via insured carrier.
• If the original packaging or box has been opened, the return will be rejected and returned to you at your expense.
All return requests must be made within 30 days of the date you received the item. In addition, all return shipments must have an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Form attached to the outside of the box. To obtain an RMA form, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the problem and include the following information:
• Why you want to return the item, including photos or video of the problem, .
• Your Order ID
• Your name, address, e-mail address and daytime phone number
Once you are approved for an RMA, we’ll send you an RMA number and form along with detailed return shipping instructions. When we have received the item and verified the contents, we’ll issue the refund.
This Return Policy was last updated on July 16th, 2016.
SimLife Inc. Company (the “SLIC”) warrants this appliance to be free from defects in workmanship and material, under normal residential use, for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and use in USA and Canada. A purchase receipt, purchase order number or other proof of date of original purchase is required before warranty service is performed. SLIC’s obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing, or assisting in the repair at SLIC’s option. All repairs for which warranty claims are made must be pre-authorized by SLIC.
This appliance comes equipped with many safety features. Any attempt to interfere with their operation may result in serious injury/damages and void this warranty. No warranty service will be provided to any appliance that has been tampered with, unless directed by an SLIC representative.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from negligent use or misuse of the appliance, use contrary to the operating instructions, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, or disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone unless directed by a SimLife (Ropot) Representative. This warranty does not cover units that are used outside of US and Canada. Further, the warranty does not cover damage resulting from Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes. SLIC is not responsible for shipping cost for warranty service.
Limitation and Exclusions
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the liability of SLIC, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall be limited to repair or replacement of the appliance or part and shall not exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance or part. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S) COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLIANCES(S) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
SLIC is not responsible or liable for indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the appliance or damages with respect to any economic loss, loss of property, loss of revenues or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, costs of removal, installation or other consequential damages of whatsoever nature. Some provinces/states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, the above limitation may not apply to you.
You the buyer may have other rights and remedies under your state's or province’s applicable laws, which are in addition to any right or remedy which may be available under this limited warranty.
If the appliance should become defective within the warranty period, please contact SimLife (Ropot) Customer Service team by
Emailing email@example.com. Or by calling 1-613-880-8358 to speak to a Ropot customer service representative.
To facilitate speedy service, please provide:
• Your name, email address and/or your phone number
• A description of the product defect
• Please include pictures or a video if possible
Possible reasons and solutions
The indicator light does not turn on after the power is turned on
- Check the power cable to make sure it is connected properly.
- Send the machine, or machine’s power controller, to the service center for maintenance.
Inner pot does not sit in a stable position after being inserted into Ropot
- Check to make sure there are no foreign objects in the cooker. Wipe the outside of the inner pot and the base heating element. Rotate the inner pot slightly to ensure there is good contact between the inner pot and the heating element.
- The handle of the inner pot may not be properly adjusted, to the lid cannot seal the inner pot properly.
There is water inside the lower part of Ropot, or water in the water disposal drawer spits out
- Remove water disposal drawer (located at the back of Ropot) frequently and drain. Ensure drawer has capacity to receive additional water to prevent spitting.
There is a smell of burnt food during cooking
- There may be left-over food either inside or outside the inner pot.
- Clean the inner pot and Ropot interior after every use.
Food is over-cooked, or under-cooked
- Cooking times depend on the type and quantity of food in the inner pot. Add or subtract operating time for perfect results.
System is halted, or there is a frozen key
- Be patient. Wait for about 10 seconds and try to press the key again. This will allow Ropot’s self-testing program to be completed.
- Disconnect and reconnect the power cable to restart Ropot.
- Wipe the control panel dry; then retry.
- If it still doesn’t work, send the machine to the service center for maintenance.
Pre-heating time is too long
- Low voltage
- If the pre-heating time is longer than 10 minutes, send Ropot to the service center for maintenance.
There is serious leakage of water or oil in the bottom of the inner pot.
- Disassemble and replace the silicone O-rings and circlips on the rotating shaft.
If you cannot solve the problems with the methods recommended above, please send Ropot to the service center for maintenance.
SimLife Inc. is not responsible for repairing or replacing machines that customers have disassembled without permission.
ROPOT – The intelligent robot cooker
From SimLife Inc.
Revolutionize your cooking!