2. Stop using Ropot if…
3. Quick Start Guide
4. Use Ropot Safely
5. Care and Maintenance
6. Function Table
7. Troubleshooting Guide
8. Shipping and Delivery
9. Returns and Replacements
11. Contact Ropot Support
1. Exercise extreme caution when opening Ropot’s lid during or after a heating cycle. Always use an oven mitt.
2. Avoid scalding. Never place hands or face over the exhaust vents in the center of the lid when the unit is in operation.
3. Do not touch hot surfaces on lid. Always use the lid handle to open Ropot.
4. Remove inner pot using pot handle. Do not touch any other surface of pot when hot.
5. Exercise extreme caution when moving Ropot containing hot liquids.
6. Do not fill the inner pot above the 3L line.
1. The power cord or plug suffers from expansion, deformation, discoloration, or other damage.
2. A portion of the power cord or plug becomes otter than usual.
3. Ropot heats abnormally or emits a burnt smell.
4. There are unusual sounds or vibrations when powered on.
1. Connect the power cord. The LED will show the Ropot trademark on the display screen. This means the cooker has successfully been connected to the power and is in standby mode.
2. Gently press the Power key and the red Preheat will appear on the screen blinking with a sign of 3:00 countdown of preheating time minutes.
3. The buzzer sounds and LED shows OK when the preheat state is finished indicating the cooker is ready.
4. Preheating or cooking programs may be cancelled while in progress by pressing the Power key. Ropot will return to standby.
5. In the event preheating is not necessary (Ropot is already hot), close cover and press the desired function key.
6. Use the lid handle to open the lid, add oil and ingredients, close cover, and press the desired function key.
7. The buzzer will sound and OK will be displayed on the screen when cooking is complete.
8. Always open the cover carefully from the side to allow hot steam to escape. Grasp the handle of the inner pot to remove it and transfer ingredients to plates.
9. Should dishes require additional seasoning when cooking program is complete, open the lid, add ingredients, close lid, and press Toss to trigger a heated 15-second Stir cycle.
10. The Stir key is only available for the Manual function. Press the Stir key to start stirring; press again to stop stirring.
11. Ropot will automatically go into a 15 minute heat preservation mode if the lid has not been opened or the inner pot removed.
12. After 15 minutes, Ropot will automatically turn off.
13. Food Safety: Use of the Timer function is discouraged for perishable foods such as meat, fish, and eggs.
14. Each time the Timer key is pressed within 3 seconds of a program selection, the program selection is delayed for 15 minutes. The time displayed is the delayed time before the program starts.
1. Before first use, remove accessories from the package and read manual carefully,
2. Please pay particular attention to operational instructions and cautions to avoid any injury or property damage.
3. Never immerse the cooker housing and lid in water or any other liquid.
4. For the first use, it is normal that there is a peculiar smell from the heater when heated.
5. Do not use Ropot cooker for any other purpose than its intended use.
6. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
7. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow device to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
8. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the service center for examination repair or adjustment. See Warranty section for more information.
9. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
10. This product is for indoors use only. Do not use outdoors.
11. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
12. Do not place the unit on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
13. To reduce the risk of electric shock, cook only in the provided removable container (inner pot).
14. To disconnect, remove plug from wall outlet.
15. Do not use Ropot in a place which is near water or fire hazards. Do not use it in a place exposed to directly to sunshine or oil splash.
16. Place Ropot out of the reach of children.
17. Before each use, be sure to wipe the surface of the inner pot and the heating plate to confirm they are free of any foreign object.
18. Check the stirring condition of the whisk to make sure it can rotate smoothly and freely.
19. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, only authorized personnel should do repairs.
20. Do not cover the exhaust valve (In the center of the lid).
21. This appliance is not intended for use by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are accompanied by someone responsible for their safety.
22. Do not use this product on any electrical system other than voltage: 110-120V~/60Hz.
23. If serious leakage of water or oil at the bottom of the inner pot is found, disassemble and replace the silicone O-rings and cir-clips on the rotating shaft.
1. Avoid scratching the non-stick pan.
2. Use Manual or Pan-Fry functions when cooking meat with bones (i.e., ribs) or seafood with shells (i.e., mussels).
3. Clean Ropot after each use; always unplug before cleaning.
4. Wipe the inside of the lid with a clean damp cloth. The lid CANNOT be separated due to the upper heating panel.
5. Clean the upper heating plate. Use steel wool to rub the upper heating panel glass surface and side; then wipe with a damp cloth.
6. Remove inner pot, wash with detergent, rinse with clear water, and dry with a soft cloth. The PFOA- free, non-stick inner pot is dishwasher safe.
7. Do not use metal or abrasive cleaners to clean the inner pot and the paddle (stir bar).
8. Unscrew the paddle and remove to thoroughly clean when necessary.
9. Clean Ropot’s housing with clean damp cloth.
10. Do not immerse the cooker housing and lid into water or any other liquid.
11. Do not use a wet cloth to clean Ropot while the power cord is plugged into a power outlet.
12. Remove water disposal drawer (located at the back of Ropot frequently to prevent water spitting out.
13. Clean any dust or dirt on Ropot’s plug or socket with a small brush.
ROPOT – THE INTELLIGENT ROBOT COOKER – FUNCTIONS
How Functions Work
Ropot’s most popular function! Suitable for meat, vegetable, and seafood stir-fry dishes.
Excellent for foods requiring high temperatures for quick frying, such as beef and mushrooms.
Best for steaming, boiling, and foods that require consistent HIGH temperatures for cooking.
Robot’s frying pan! Best for eggs, pancakes, and thin, fast-cooking foods such as chicken wings. COOK’S TIP: When cooking large, thick, or dense foods, brown on both sides, then turn off heat, keeping Ropot’s lid closed for about 10 minutes until food is cooked to the desired state.
A convenient, longer version of the Braise function. Best for steaming, boiling, and foods that require HIGH temperatures for cooking for a longer period of time. COOK’S TIP: For extra moist steaming results, and when steaming small items, place food in a heat-proof, non-scratch, or bamboo, steamer. Set on Ropot’s steamer rack and cover with a flat silicone lid, or foil, before closing Ropot’s lid.
Ropot’s mess-free, smoke-free way to deep-fry! The continuous STIR function is extremely helpful when deep-frying small to medium-size foods.
Produces wonderful results for small to medium cuts of meat, potatoes, and other root vegetables. The periodic Stir function may not be best large steaks or roasts.
*STIR default is OFF, but can be turned ON by pressing the STIR button (only available on MANUAL function).
*Stirring stops when STIR button is pressed again.
Ropot’s basic function is ideal, especially when testing new or different recipes.
COOK’S TIP: When cooking large, thick, or dense foods, brown on both sides, then turn off heat, keeping lid closed for about 10 minutes until food is cooked to the desired state.
Especially handy for dishes requiring extra seasoning when a cooking cycle has finished.
ROPOT – Trouble shooting Guide
Possible reasons and solutions
|There are small dents on the new Ropot's surface.
The indicator light does not turn on after the power is turned on
|There is black material peel off from upper heater unit
Inner pot does not sit in a stable position after being inserted into Ropot
There is water inside the lower part of Ropot, or water in the water disposal drawer spits out
There is a smell of burnt food during cooking
Food is over-cooked, or under-cooked
System is halted, or there is a frozen key
Pre-heating time is too long
There is serious leakage of water or oil in the bottom of the inner pot.
If you cannot solve the problems with the methods recommended above, please send Ropot to the service center for maintenance.
SimLife Inc. is not responsible for repairing or replacing machines that customers have disassembled without permission.
We normally ship orders on Monday, Wednesday and Friday excluding Canadian Holidays.
Most of our shipments go out by UPS. We do NOT offer express shipping for any reason. Please allow 4 to 10 working days for delivery depending on the distance from your location to our shipping facility located in Ottawa, Ontario. You will receive a tracking number by email once your order has been processed.
Our carriers can NOT deliver to P.O. Boxes, so please provide a physical street address for delivery.
Small items like silicon seals, steam racks and paddles may be sent by regular post. In this case no tracking number will be available. Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.
We cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Internationally.
Shipping Policies – Problems and Exceptions
Any shipment requiring an address change in-transit will be charged to the customer. In addition, please know that most often in-transit address changes will not take effect and the buyer will be responsible for the shipping both ways.
If the item is returned to us by the shipper for any reason other than a mistake we may have made, the buyer will be responsible for shipping BOTH ways. Please double make sure that you are providing the correct address.
If a shipment is declared “missing” or “stolen” by the shipping company, it shall be the responsibility of the buyer to file an “item not received” claim with PayPal under their PayPal Purchase Protection.
Multiple Item Orders
If at all possible we will always try to ship multiple item orders in one shipment with one tracking number; however orders for multiple cookers will normally be issued separate tracking numbers and may come at different times and/or dates.
Cancellation of Orders
Please note that we cannot guarantee the cancellation of your order. When a customer wishes to cancel an order they are required to contact us immediately at 1-613-880-8358. This is to ensure that we can forward your request immediately to our facility for cancellation of your order before it is processed. If the customer contacts us before the order has been processed, then the order can be cancelled and the customer may not incur any charges.
Please be Aware
If the item has already left our warehouse and has been handed over to the carrier for shipping we would not be able to process your request for cancellation and the item will be shipped to its destination.
Once received or refused at the destination, the customer will then be charged a 20% cancellation fee. This is to cover expenses incurred in packaging and shipping the item to the customer and inspecting the item when it returns. In addition, return shipping costs will be borne by the customer.
To report any problems with your shipment
Please call our support line 1-613-880-8358
Or send an email with as many details as possible to email@example.com
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. If you need to return an item, please make a note of our “no hassle” 30-day return policy:
• If the item was damaged during shipment, we’ll replace the damaged part.
• If the item arrived defective, you’ll be covered under our warranty policy.
• If we shipped the wrong item, we’ll take it back and reship the correct item.
• If you decide you no longer want the item or purchased the item by mistake, we’ll take it back and issue a full refund, minus $30 + Tax for handling/restocking fee. The product must have never been opened and shipped back to us with all original packaging and accessories. It is also the responsibility of the buyer to pay for the return shipping via insured carrier.
• If the original packaging or box has been opened, the return will be rejected and returned to you at your expense.
All return requests must be made within 30 days of the date you received the item. In addition, all return shipments must have an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Form attached to the outside of the box. To obtain an RMA form, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the problem and include the following information:
• Why you want to return the item, including photos or video of the problem, .
• Your Order ID
• Your name, address, e-mail address and daytime phone number
Once you are approved for an RMA, we’ll send you an RMA number and form along with detailed return shipping instructions. When we have received the item and verified the contents, we’ll issue the refund.
This Return Policy was last updated on July 16th, 2016.
SimLife Inc. Company (the “SLIC”) warrants this appliance to be free from defects in workmanship and material, under normal residential use, for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and use in USA and Canada. A purchase receipt, purchase order number or other proof of date of original purchase is required before warranty service is performed. SLIC’s obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing, or assisting in the repair at SLIC’s option. All repairs for which warranty claims are made must be pre-authorized by SLIC.
This appliance comes equipped with many safety features. Any attempt to interfere with their operation may result in serious injury/damages and void this warranty. No warranty service will be provided to any appliance that has been tampered with, unless directed by an SLIC representative.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from negligent use or misuse of the appliance, use contrary to the operating instructions, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, or disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone unless directed by a SimLife (Ropot) Representative. This warranty does not cover units that are used outside of US and Canada. Further, the warranty does not cover damage resulting from Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes. SLIC is not responsible for shipping cost for warranty service.
Limitation and Exclusions
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the liability of SLIC, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall be limited to repair or replacement of the appliance or part and shall not exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance or part. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S) COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLIANCES(S) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
SLIC is not responsible or liable for indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the appliance or damages with respect to any economic loss, loss of property, loss of revenues or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, costs of removal, installation or other consequential damages of whatsoever nature. Some provinces/states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, the above limitation may not apply to you.
You the buyer may have other rights and remedies under your state's or province’s applicable laws, which are in addition to any right or remedy which may be available under this limited warranty.
If the appliance should become defective within the warranty period, please contact SimLife (Ropot) Customer Service team by
Emailing email@example.com. Or by calling 1-613-880-8358 to speak to a Ropot customer service representative.
To facilitate speedy service, please provide:
• Your name, email address and/or your phone number
• A description of the product defect
• Please include pictures or a video if possible
SimLife Inc. Company
228-30 Colonnade Road, Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2E 7J6
ROPOT – The intelligent robot cooker
From SimLife Inc.
Revolutionize your cooking!